Just add water

7:12 AM



Its been a long time since my last swimming competition, I was a United Laboratories (UniLab) Inc. swimmer when I was 13, every time I dip into the water, I feel like I'm made for it, like I was a mermaid in my afterlife, I have so much fondness for water, they are my compassion. 

I remember crying for losing in my first competition, well, I didn't actually lose. I'm actually a 2nd placer, but for me being second is the first loser. The champion was a 9 year old boy, so put the shame on me. 
Crying kept me from striving and building my hopes up, with every competition I put my heart in it. Regardless of the prizes, but I just wanted to be on top, until one day... my grandfather died. 
My grandfather is working for UniLab, Inc. as a chemist and that is the reason why we have these perks of free swimming, ballet, dance, art, etc. classes during summer inside UniLab's field. 

My hopes went down, my mom also asked me to end my swimming classes, besides I am already a sophomore high school student, she also asked me to fix my hair and be mindful of my complexion, she added that i wouldn't get a boyfriend for having a dry hair and a dark complexion. 



Its been 5 years I guess, since my last swimming lesson, but the things I have learned from my swimming class is efficient and still capable of being used. Back strokes, freestyles, breast strokes, dog paddle, etc. All these things aided me with my asthma, strengthen not just my body but also my respiratory. 

Just add water to your life, it will splash out the mermaid within you and will slide away your stress. Just keep swimmin' 









Photos by Me

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the shots here Jessa. post this! I think this would look really good on your instagram feed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Yanna, sure I will! But I might need a little help from your editing skills :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images